The Almonte horsemen community and craftsmanship
September 8, 2013
Why do people work hard, and take pride in what they do? A short film about the Almonte horsemen. The narration is very simple but eloquent, that talks philosophically about meaning, identity, nature, belonging, ethics, community and the joy that comes from being committed to ones craft and ones life.
There is a craftsman in every human being, which can be enormously motivating and inspiring, the past lives of crafts and craftsmen show us ways of working (using tools, acquiring skills, thinking about materials) which provide rewarding alternative ways for people to utilise their talents, and lead more fulfilling lives.
- Seamus Heaney remembering a great craftsman
- The engaged craftsman is a committed craftsman
- Crafting a new pursuit of happiness: re-ordering work and play
- The Craftsman (recommended reading)
- How to create an innovative and sustainable company
- Natural Capitalism